Overview of Hostel
We are located on the vibrant Joo Chiat Road, housed in a restored traditional 1920s shop-house. Stay with us for an experience off the beaten track. You will be surrounded by local culture and plenty of amazing local food. Wander off to the nearby East Coast Beach for a leisurely cycle along the co
Betel Box Hostel Singapore
200 Joo Chiat Road
The hostel is at the right-hand side of Joo Chiat Road just after the junction of Joo Chiat Place. Look for the green door with our logo.
Coming from Changi International Airport
The price for a ticket is about S$2.20. Please get the exact fare before boarding the bus.
From 06:00 until Midnight (every day)
- Bus 24 is the most convenient way to reach the hostel; we are a short walk away from the bus stop
- Take bus 24 from any terminal (basement)
- Ask bus driver to alert you when the bus reaches Joo Chiat Complex, which is at the corner of Joo Chiat Road and Changi Road
- Walk from bus stop in the same direction as the flow of traffic and turn left into Joo Chiat Road
- Walk down Joo Chiat Road for 7 minutes and you will see Betel Box Hostel on the right-hand side of the road
TRAIN (Mass Rapid Transit or MRT):
The closest MRT station for Betel Box Hostel is Paya Lebar on the East-West (EW) line (the green line).
The price for a ticket is about S$2.20.
From 05:31 until 23:18 (Monday to Saturday), from 05:59 until 23:18 (Sunday/ Public Holidays)
-The MRT station is located in Terminal 2 and 3 of Changi Airport
-If you arrive in Terminal 1, take the Skytrain to Terminal 2 or 3
- Take MRT to Paya Lebar station (station EW8 on the same line as the airport)
- Change at Tanah Merah station (2nd stop from airport, station EW4), but stay on the same platform for trains towards the city (direction Boon Lay)
- Take exit A (Sims Avenue exit), turn left and when you hit Tanjong Katong Road, turn left towards Sims Avenue
- Continue walking along Sims Avenue in the same direction as the traffic flow
- Turn right into Geylang Serai and walk straight, cross Changi Road and walk into Joo Chiat Road
- Walk down Joo Chiat Road for 7 minutes and you will see Betel Box Hostel on the right side of the road
- Total walking time: 15-20 minutes
The taxi ride from the airport to the hostel should not cost more than S$20 before midnight and S$26 after midnight. During peak hours, 6am – 9.30am & 6pm – midnight, it will be about $23. These prices are for the normal taxis only; avoid the limousines, vans and London black cabs, because they are all much more expensive.
Of course, the journey might be more expensive if the driver is lost or decides to take a longer route. ALWAYS get a MACHINE PRINTED receipt from the taxi driver in case there is any unhappiness over price, route or manners of the driver. Most taxi companies in Singapore take complaints very seriously and will provide a satisfactory result in such cases.
Taxis in Singapore have fare meters; do not accept any “offers” of flat rates!
Please note that we only accept CASH payment at our hostel..
The Betel Box Backpacker Hostel 200 Joo Chiat Road, Singapore 427471 We are diagonally across from the Junction of Joo Chiat Lane and Joo Chiat Road. Near to the 7/ 11 and Madam Low Coffee Shop. http://gothere.sg/maps#q:Betel%20Box
Conditions & Policy
· Check-in: 1:00 pm · Check-out: 11:00 am · Early check-in is subject to availability of beds. If you are arriving early, you are welcome to store your bags with us and check-in later in the day. · Cancellation policy: 2 days (after your arrival, refunds for applicable dates will only be issued if we are notified 2 days in advance) · Payment: due upon arrival, cash only (nearest ATM is a short walk away) · We have a resident cat – Whisky Guests are required to show up within 3 hours of the Estimated Time of Arrival as detailed in the reservation. Failing so, we reserve the right to sell on the bed/ room. All modifications to reservation must be put in writing and updates to be done in this system.